Fire Meets the Sea-an intuitive painting

Fire Meets the Sea
18"x 24"
Mixed Media on Canvas
If you want to own this painting go to my website kellyjeanetteswift.com to purchase.



After struggling with my last painting for a week, this
painting was done much faster. Why? It’s because I had fun doing it. The last
one was too controlled, too tight. It was not lose enough. This one was more
intuitive and free flowing except for the parts I chose to control like the
placement of the molding paste for texture and the lovely little pink circles.
I have no idea what they are. They just felt right to do. After staring at the
painting for a while I have decided to call it Fire Meets the Sea. I see
flowing lava, sea spray, and vegetation. I actually love this one a lot. I wish you could see the details on this piece.






Title: Fire Meets the Sea
Size: 18”x 24” mixed media on gallery wrapped canvas
Technique-wash painting, painting, sculpturing, dripping, mark making
Materials used-acrylic paint, molding paste, spray paint, gold oil stick, acrylic markers, oil pastels

Tools used-paint brushes, palette knife, markers, fingers, spray bottle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Obstacles

Summer Impression 1 for sale---#101

Aceos 8-11