The Why I create


Recently on one of my Facebook Forums we were asked the question of "Why?" Why do we create? What truly motivates us? Of course we could come up with the usual answers-we feel the need, we want to be famous, money, etc. But after some days of thought our answers begin to change.
This little video clip is from my all time favorite sci fi series Babylon 5. Favorite because it did not focus on the hardware of science, but on the relationships and drama that can unfold when many individuals of different backgrounds, religions, social classes, political views, and yes, different species, are thrown together. This scene stuck with me and now I know Why.
I think that is why I want to create, to paint. To capture that one moment of perfect beauty.
Thank you, Ambassador Kosh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Obstacles

Summer Impression 1 for sale---#101

Aceos 8-11