Waving goodbye to Summer Evenings


 Here we are at the end of another summer. It seems they go by faster and faster each year. That beautiful golden glow will soon give way to the early dusky sundowns of fall. I have seen the morning glories blooming, a sure sign of Autumn. Still the honeysuckles hang on, refusing to give over. They usually lower the lake during the winter months and I can see where it is beginning. I wish they wouldn't do that but I guess it's for the dam. We don't want it to break again. I do love Autumn. The cool foggy mornings with the colors peeking through the gloom. Sunny days to pick apples and pumpkins. Chilly nights to sit around a firepit. I just feel a sense of melancholy because I know that the year is winding down and winter is just around the corner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Obstacles

The Ocean Calls

Aceos 8-11