Tenth on my list is the Night. I love the night. I love it's quiet stillness. The small animal sounds, the coolness. I love the stars, the moon, the light rains. I'm a night owl. I do my best work at night.
A new painting! 24x36 and I had so much fun doing this one. I don't know, but maybe I have fell into what excites me. I am listening to Artistically Speaking on Blog talk radio with Rebecca E. Parsons. This time she is interviewing intuitive artist Sandra Pineault. A great interview that I found very interesting as I have started doing this myself. Not trying to look like everyone else and giving in to my love of colors, shape, and texture. The Ocean Calls, I think, came out of my need for warmth and sun and the sea. Thinking about the sea a lot lately. I guess I'm looking forward to my vacation trip to the coast in May. Is it May yet? :(
I had a dream last night that I was painting on a very large canvas. I was rubbing my hands all over it smearing great globs of a very beautiful blue all over it so that it dripped and ran like a waterfall down the canvas. I looked at my hands and they were also dripping with that amazing blue. It pained me that I had to go to work this morning and not paint. Also I am out of large canvas. This is the closest I could find to that color.
Comments
Post a Comment